This post is part of the Scandalous Beauty 25 Days To A Better Beauty And Fashion Blog Challenge! For even more tips, be sure to check out Erin's Guide to Better Beauty Blogging.
I found Bloglovin' via the Independent Fashion Blogger's Conference last year. The CEO was on a panel, and it sounded like the appropriate thing to sign up for. I've been absolutely obsessed with it ever since I got it! Everyday, I check in via my phone or computer to see what my favorite blogs have added. Anytime I find a new blog that I like, I add it's URL to Bloglovin. You can do the same with Google Reader and tons of other programs. This just happens to be my personal favorite.
- Readers may not think to go directly to your blog daily. Give them a reason to find your posts amongst others.
- You can follow lots of blogs that you are interested in.
- Stay inspired! You can get loads of ideas from others.
This website offers its readers healthy-sized images that make people want to see what the post is about. Take advantage of that! Use images that will grab potential readers. Think about the kind of images that would draw you in.
Here's the interface when you log on. You can search by company, or within the categories that you can create for each blog as you add it.
Here's how to add your blog:
- Go to 'Account' on the top of the screen.
- Click 'My Blogs'.
- Under 'My Blog' heading, click the green 'Claim Blog' button on the left.
- Type in your address, and your blog should pop up!
- After you've confirmed your blog, choose the 'Edit Blog Info' button to write a description, choose your category, and to pull a fresh thumbnail of your blog as a profile picture.
To get more page views, tell your readers that you are on this site! I like to remind people that my blog is on Bloglovin' by using a button in my sidebar. You can find these buttons in the 'widgets' category under 'account'. If you would rather use a text link or create your own icon, just open any of the widgets and use the link that consists of 'http://www.bloglovin.com/your_info_here/follow" .
Assignment: Sign up for Bloglovin, or at least just check it out. Encourage your readers to add you to a "compilation" site. They may not be interested in going directly to your blog on a daily basis, but with sites like this, they get reminders that you are there with fresh content for them.
Tomorrow, we'll cover the key points in branding your blog with images! You'll learn how to create a favicon and a gravatar. These are things that you set up once, then forget about them. Trust me, they do all the work for you.